lunes, 22 de junio de 2009

I am Cabernet Garmendia 0%


-Mr Ferrán, tell us, why is it special a sulfitesfree wine?


-Because we have always believed that it was impossible, but today is a day to feel proud of the fact that we finally achieved what we intended: to sufficiently make the grapes developed their own defences, such as sulfites, so that not to have the need to add these in the process. In Los Pinos, we are the first to do so and I know that we were not the only ones.


-Do you say so regarding the El Claustro wineries, as well in Fontanares?

-I say that regarding Ramón Angost, our winemaker. It was him who chose the most jam-tasting garnacha, the finest monastrell, and the most flowery syrah ... Without him, we would not have achieved the right spot where the grapes have matured just enough to protect the evolution of the wine.


- Was the idea brought up by Ramón Angost himself?


Actually, it was my little daughter’s, Flora. Like many others who even do not know it, some people are allergic to sulfites and, two years ago, playing in the cellar, she started jumping onto sacks and unknowingly playing to crown the mountain of sulphites bags. Fortunately, nothing happened but I took a severe shock as the good father I am, because since her mother died, I lack days and hands to take care for her.

-You speak as a foreman of Los Pinos, but I have heard that the winery has changed hands. ...

I hold Flora by her shoulders, in front of me. When I heard the question I wanted to be swallowed by earth, I lacked all my saliva in justone second. Flora, however, without a shadow of doubt looked up to let me know that she knew I was asked by the journalist:


- It’s you, Cabernet?

-Yes, my darling, it seems that it’s me.

-You are to be shown on TV like my dad, are you going to be famous?

-Just beautiful girls like you can become famous.


-Then you will not be famous because you're very ugly with those glasses, they are making you old.


-Because I am old Flora, I said starting to laugh such a lot that more than one person turn to look at me. I thought that my age should be asked to the empty bottle of Cutty Shark that was lying under my bed in the new winery.


-Yes, indeed, Cabernet Garmendia, granddaughter of the founder of the winery, Manuel Garmendia and heiress of a centenary knowledge that has been acquired through three continents. From now forwards she is at the forefront of this major ecological project.

Jacinto would have not better defined me, any other would have recalled the dark bags under my eyes. He finished his sentence with a gesture in which, with the fingers wedged and a smile on his face, gave me a warm welcome at his side next to the reporter:

I am Cabernet Garmendia.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario